Guillermo del Toro’s “The Shape of Water” was the main winner of the 90th Academy Awards and won four of the 13 categories in which she was nominated. The Oscar count included two big hits: Best Film and Best Director. Frances McDormand won her second Oscar for Best Actress for her portrayal of a tough mother battling her daughter’s rapist and murderer on Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. She gave an enthusiastic and complacent speech: “Listen, ladies and gentlemen, we all have stories to tell and projects to fund, we’ll invite you to your office in a few days, or you can come to us, whatever They do better … and we’ll tell you all about them. “At the hearing, the women stood up, including Meryl Streep. list of Oscar winners 2018
Gary Oldman won his first Oscar for best actor, as planned, for his work as Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour. Best Supporting Actress Allison Janney’s win was also expected for Tonya Harding, Tonya’s terrible mother.
Best Supporting Actor Oscar was seen as a three-horse race between Frances’ three billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri co-star Sam Rockwell, Willem Dafoe of The Florida Project and Christopher Plummer of All the Money in the World. Sam Rockwell repeated his Golden Globe victory in a category that also included Woody Harrelson from the same movie.
Dunkerque, by Christopher Nolan, won three Oscars for outstanding sound and film editing. The Darkest Hour makeup team also won an Oscar for his work by turning Gary Oldman into Winston Churchill, who needed four hours a day.
The other major films have each won one: Call me Phantom Thread and Get Out, which earned his African-American director and writer Jordan Peele a historic Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.
Jimmy Kimmel is hosting the second year in a row, the first presenter since Billy Crystal. Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were invited to re-present the Best Picture Oscar despite the confusion of the envelope last year, this time everything went well.
Here’s the complete list of Oscar winners 2018:
- Best Picture: The Shape Of Water
- Best Director: Guillermo del Toro, The Shape Of Water
- Best Actress: Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Best Actor: Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
- Best Supporting Actress: Allison Janney, I, Tonya
- Best Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Best Original Screenplay: Get Out
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Call Me By Your Name
- Best Animated Feature Film: Coco
- Best Foreign Language Film: A Fantastic Woman, Chile
- Best Original Score: The Shape Of Water
- Best Original Song: Remember Me, Coco
- Best Documentary Feature: Icarus
- Best Documentary Short: Heaven Is A Traffic Jam On The 405
- Best Live Action Short: The Silent Child
- Best Animation Short: Dear Basketball
- Best Sound Editing: Dunkirk
- Best Sound Mixing: Dunkirk
- Best Production Design: The Shape Of Water
- Best Cinematography: Blade Runner 2049
- Best Makeup And Hair: Darkest Hour
- Best Costume Design: Phantom Thread
- Best Film Editing: Dunkirk
- Best Visual Effects: Blade Runner 2049
Related Articles: Oscar winners 2018, The 2018 Oscar Winners: Full List, Oscar winners 2018: Read the full list, Oscar winners 2018: the full list, Complete list of 90th Academy Awards, the complete list of award winners, Oscar Winners 2018: Full List of Academy Awards Winners, The 2018 Oscars complete list of winners, Oscars 2018 winners, The complete list of winners and nominees for the 90th Academy Awards, 2018 Oscar Winners List: 90th Academy Awards