Having sex regularly isn’t just good for your mind, it’s also good for your body, says obstetrician and gynecologist Dr. Evelyn Minaya.
There are many benefits to having a healthy sex life:
- Sex burns about 200 calories during 30 minutes of active sex.
- Regular sex promotes circulation and lubrication.
- Having sex three times a week can make you look and feel 10 years younger, thus boosting self-esteem.
- Sex is the safest sport you’ll ever enjoy.
- Sex releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria that can reduce depression.
- Sex is a stress reliever. It is ten times more effective than Valium.
- Sex can relieve headaches by releasing the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.
- Sex is a natural antihistamine that can help with asthma and hay fever.
- Sex can lower your cholesterol by tipping the high-density, lipoprotein (HDL)/low-density lipoprotein (LDL) (good kind/bad kind)
- cholesterol balance towards the HDL (good) side.
- Regular sex can boost estrogen levels. Estrogen keeps your hair shiny and skin smooth and it helps reduce the chances of getting
- dermatitis and rashes.
- The actual sex act triggers the release of oxytocin that promotes more good feelings.
- Sex can help you sleep better because the levels of oxytocin, a sleep-inducing hormone, can be five times higher than normal during lovemaking.