Whether you’re learning English as an added language or you’re aiming to sharpen your English writing skills, there are many books out there that encouragement to help you improve your skills. Some of those books are excellent, while others are almost useless. Let’s take a look at some of the best books to assist you to improve your English, whether you’re an ESL student or an aspiring novelist.
Following are the 10 best books to help you sharpen your English writing skills:
- Words are Categorical series, by Brian P. Cleary
- MacMillan English School Books
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation, by Lynne Truss
- The Big Book of Words You Should Know, by David Olsen, Michelle Bevilacqua, and Justin Cord Hayes
- The Mother Tongue – English, and How It Got That Way, by Bill Bryson
- The Art of Fiction: Notes on Craft for Young Writers, by John Gardner
- The Elements of Style, by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White
- The Gregg Reference Manual, by William Sabin
- The Curious Case of the Misplaced Modifier, by Bonnie Trenga
- The Chicago Manual of Style
There are several other resources that may be of advantage to writers of all skill levels, but the books on this list are some of the best and most well-rounded. They’ll provide an excellent foundation to one’s writing practice, and although doing so may seem counterintuitive, writers may be amazed at what can be discovered by revisiting some of the basics or delving into manuals that may seem more advanced than what they’re habitual to.
Want To Learn Digital Marketing Free? – Read This Free Digital Marketing Tutorials